Valentines Isn't Just For Couples

Monday, February 13, 2017


It's the night before Valentines Day and I have just done the same thing that I have done for the past 17 years, I have given my Mum a bunch of flowers and a Valentines Card. 

It's a tradition that I have upheld since my Dad passed away, I don't think I'll ever not do it, well unless my mum gets whisked off her feet by a tall handsome stranger that is :)

When you loose someone its hard, but when you loose the love of your life, how must that feel? 
I can't even begin to describe the turmoil I would go through if Chris suddenly wasn't around anymore and so as the years have passed by, buying mum flowers every year resonates with me even more, cause its only now that I can fully understand in my own way, how she must feel.

It must still hurt every year seeing the cards in the shops, the endless valentines displays, the lure of the Valentines meals for two, but she never lets on, never mentions it and just quietly and eloquently goes on about life, probably just wanting to just bypass that dreaded LOVE day. 
A day when it hurts even more and you notice even more the aching hole in your heart.

In some way I like to think that I am helping to soothe her aching heart for a short time, in a way I feel I'm doing my Dad a favour, he can't be here to buy her flowers anymore, but I CAN and will continue to do so.

And so tonight I just wanted to pop on here and say that Valentines Day isn't just for couples, its for everyone. 
If you LOVE someone then you can celebrate it by whatever means you like, friends, lovers, husbands, wives, family, pets..... Valentines Day is for EVERYONE. 

I LOVE YOU MUM.

Happy Valentines Day. 

Love Dad (& Me) xxxx

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. What a lovely and thoughtful thing to do for your mum, Emma. I am in a similar position and I usually buy two bunches of flowers exactly the same, one to give to my mum and one to put by my dad's resting place.

    ReplyDelete

My Snapchat - itsemchannel

My Snapchat - itsemchannel

My Instagram

My Achievements

My Achievements