The Long & Short Of It - In The Pink

Sunday, March 08, 2015



Living on the larger end of the clothing size rack can prove a challenge when you try to find something fashionable to wear, when you then throw another aesthetic into the mix it can prove even more difficult.  
A while back Kim and I reviewed a couple of pieces from a high street store's tall and petite range to show how different heights can be styled, something of which we both feel is a huge gap in the plus size market that brands are just not exploiting.  
Being such varying heights, we both work our wardrobes and adapt clothing out there on the high street to suit our shapes as best we can.  
Similar to the Style At Any Size Series I do with Khila, 
Kim and I decided to turn a one off post we did into a monthly challenge, both taking at least one similar garment and styling into an outfit for our size and height.  

We're looking to just showcase our love for fashion, but at the same time make a stand when a dress or top just is not quite right - and that's the long and short of it. 



This month were talking longline jackets and can you believe both myself and Kim bought the almost identical jacket, hence why we thought we would use it as part of our series.

It seems that although we can be quite different in style, sometimes we can be surprisingly similar.
As this jacket shows.


This bright pink duster jacket I purchased from Evans way back in the January Sale, it cost me the bargain price of £10.50.

As soon as I saw it I fell in love with it, it was the colour more than anything, now I have darker hair I am getting more drawn to vibrant colours, current faves are hot pinks and lime greens.


I decided to team this jacket with a plain black tee and a black tube skirt, tights and boots.


I just love the length of this jacket on my shorter frame, and I can't wait to see how Kim chooses to style hers. I suspect it will be with her favourite skinny jeans as she always looks banging in them ;)
Make sure you go over to Kims Blog to see check out her post HERE.

The real beauty of this jacket is the fact it can suit both our tall and short frames with ease and still look stylish.



*What I Wore*
Pink Duster Jacket - Evans
(Sold Out - Similar Patterned Version HERE
Black Tee - Yours Clothing
Tube Skirt - Asda
Tights - Pretty Polly
Boots - Clarks

How would you of styled this jacket?
What style would you like myself and Kim to try next time? 
We are open to suggestions?

Until Next Time

Love

Mrs M xxxx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

My Snapchat - itsemchannel

My Snapchat - itsemchannel

My Instagram

My Achievements

My Achievements