I Wish There Were Prom's When I Was At School.

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Pic - Source

It's that time again.... that time when the kids I have seen grow from tiny Year 7 dots to tall Year 11's on my daily commute make me feel almost proud.

I have worked in my job for over 11 years now and in that time I have seen the kids on that same train grow.... take their GCSE exams, go to sixth form and then move onto uni.

Sometimes I feel like that surrogate parent looking on.... 

As I listen to the Year 11's on my daily commute the main topic of conversations is Prom.
The buzz and excitement is evident.

I wish there had been proms when I was at school, back then it was more an American thing but the UK seem to have really embraced it.

It looks like so much fun, esp the part of picking dresses, that would be my favourite part, seeing what the on trend prom dress of 2014 would be.

Maybe one day I will have kids of my own and I can help my daughter pick her prom dress or help my son pick his tux, till then I will sit back and be that surrogate parent to all the commuters on the train.

Love

Mrs M xxx






*sponsored post

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I always wanted to go to a prom to. Sadly I went to an all girls school so that one may have been a bit awkward xx

    ReplyDelete

My Snapchat - itsemchannel

My Snapchat - itsemchannel

My Instagram

My Achievements

My Achievements