The Chapel Sessions with Jenn Bostic

Thursday, November 28, 2013

I don't usually write about music on my blog, which is strange considering I adore music and discovering new events and artists.

When I was younger I was desperate to be a music journalist or work in the music industry in some way and whilst at college I worked at a music rehearsal room and helped out up and coming bands and got myself a part time job at the local newspaper reviewing gigs and even got to work with the boyband 5ive for a short while, that was until my dad sadly passed away and then I had to go out and get a 'proper job' as family would call it, to help pay the bills and support my mum and brother. 

My love and passion for music never faded, more just blended into the background as life just passed me by.

My music taste varies, I enjoy all types of music but if I am totally honest country and folk do hold a special place in my heart.

I have avidly followed Jenn Bostic for a while now after hearing her played on Radio 2.

When I first heard her track 'Jealous of the Angels' it really spoke to me in a way a track never had before, I felt every single lyric as if I were speaking them myself. 

I knew that if she ever toured the UK I would want to go and see her. 

A few weeks ago I noticed on her website that she was coming to the UK to do a tour and one of the venues was The Chapel Sessions, held at Royal Victoria Country Park in Southampton about and hour or so away from me.....and oh my what a beautiful venue. 

Set inside the quaint chapel I knew my ears were in for an acoustic treat.




The concert started at 7pm and to begin with we were treated to the musical delights of Jack Omer, Daisy Chapman and Emma Stevens, wow.... such amazing support artists.... if this was the support then we were truly in for an amazing set from Jenn. 
Oh boy amazing doesn't cut it..... her voice is stunning, her musical style almost reminds me of Jewel and when accompanied by her band it almost has a hint of Lady Antebellum.

The set was sprinkled with upbeat and also meaningful tracks and I found myself in floods of tears at the song "Just One Day' encompassing everything I had also felt on my wedding day just as she had.




If you enjoy artists that write from the heart and soul then you really can't go wrong with Jenn. 

You can find her website HERE and go and support her and purchase her outstanding album 
'Jealous of the Angels"


I was lucky enough to actually meet Jenn before her gig and have little chat and she was an absolute delight. 



As far as venue is concerned, I have never watched a concert in a chapel before, it was magical and the event organisers had planned and set it up so well and made it feel so personel and I look forward to more music events there in the future.



By far it was one of the best gigs I have been to in a very long time, thanks Jenn, thanks to all her wonderful support acts and also to the Chapel Sessions.

Love

Mrs M xxxx


You Might Also Like

0 comments

My Snapchat - itsemchannel

My Snapchat - itsemchannel

My Instagram

My Achievements

My Achievements