Introducing Taking Shape*

Friday, November 08, 2013

 
Hey Everyone,
 
I was approached by the plus size fashion brand Taking Shape a few weeks ago now asking if I would like to review some of their pieces.
 
At first I'll admit I had never heard of the brand, but that is because they originate from
Australia & New Zealand and now they have brought the brand over to the UK.
  

As a very established brand overseas they have 28 years of experience and over 130 store across Australia & New Zealand and now they are opening a store a week in the UK, amazing!!
 
I was so fortunate to be sent two outfits to try, you know me, I love floral print and so I opted firstly for this Bluefield Dress along with the Integra Full Length leggings
The dress is made of viscose and elastane in a knit fabric and  has a lot of give in it and I had to size down.
I have to say I do love the cut and design  AND it had pockets which pleases me greatly (little things eh!!?)


 
Outfit:
 Bluefield Dress : Find it HERE
 Integra Leggings: Find it HERE
Boots: Simply Be
 

Can you tell I'm loving this dress!! Ha!!

Pockets!!! Awesome!!!


Pattern Detail
 
Secondly I opted for this Bloom Tunic and Essential Black Cardigan ensemble.
The tunic is made from polyester and elastane and is gathered at the front, I presume to hide a multitude of sins.
 I like the bold print design, but again the sizing was very generous and I had to size down and actually I could of sized down again to a Medium (say whaaaaat!!!? - I always thought I was more an XL kinda girl ) perhaps its the cut of the tunic and the gathering at the front that makes it roomier? That said, I love the cowl neck effect and the overall style, one thing, it is a bit see through so its advisable to wear a little black cami underneath like I have done here.
I have been wearing this look to work in the office quite a lot and they also do this tunic in a red colour, perfect for Christmas Time!!!


Outfit:
Bloom Tunic: Find it HERE
Essential Cardigan: Find it HERE
Integra Leggings Find it HERE


Back of the Cardigan

Cowl Neck Design & Close up of Pattern
 
 
My favourite piece has to be the Bluefield Dress, the perfect little dress to go out shopping in or pop on to wear out for dinner, in fact I am on the hunt for a fur gillet to wear over the top of it.
 
I have to say I am very pleased that Taking Shape has come over to the UK to join the ever expanding curvy market, its always nice to see more and more Plus Size brands pop up and to be able to have more choice,style and variety.
 
Make sure you go and check out the Taking Shape Website and better still go and visit one of their stores, you can find the store locator on the website, the nearest one to me is Bristol and it only opened this week so I am very excited to go and visit the store soon.
 
Oooh, I also did a little You Tube Video to accompany this post, you can check that out HERE
 
Love
 
Mrs M xxxx


You Might Also Like

0 comments

My Snapchat - itsemchannel

My Snapchat - itsemchannel

My Instagram

My Achievements

My Achievements