When Spray Tanning Goes Wrong.....

Friday, August 23, 2013

 
 
Ok no joke, today I look  like the lovechild of Tan Mom & David Dickenson.... but all I can do it laugh about it!!!

 
I am, the typical English Rose, lily white complection and rosy cheeks always have been.
You would never think I was half Italian.... I think my brother took the Italian gene as he tans so easily and I took after my mum's English side.
Under everyday circumstances I love my pale complexion, but just sometimes I long for an olive glow about me, the healthy bronzed look.
 
I was quite a regular down the salon and used to have San Tropez spray tans like once or maybe twice a month. Nothing major, just a little pick me up. But my usual lady is on maternity leave and so I have been spray tanless for around 8 months as I have never trusted anyone but her to do it.
 
And so, when my lovely hairdresser told me she had done a tanning course and wanted to start spray tanning as a sideline I offered to be her Guinea Pig... how bad can it be right???.....
 
Before I even carry on, I just want to say this was her first attempt, I'm not angry or upset I've found it more funny more than anything... I knew it wasn't going to be perfect. In fairness I did think I probably would end up with not enough tan.... but ... instead I ended up with too much... whoops!!!!
 
She sprayed me at around 7pm and by 10pm I noticed was going EVEN more darker than my normal San Tropez, She used a brand called Tantastic.
I never heard of them until yesterday and this was the LIGHT shade....jeeez!!
So by 10.30pm I decided that I would go and have a shower and see what that did, it might have washed most of it off, but its not like I paid for it, I didn't mind.
 
After what seemed like an eternity of washing and scrubbing I thought, OK I think I've got most of it off I look OK and I went to bed....
 
When I woke up OMG, it had gone DARKER STILL.... I wish I'd took a picture but seriously I was just in shock that I didn't even think I could face going into work. I rushed to the bathroom and showered for like Half and Hour or more... using everything I could find to try and scrub it off.....
 
The arms I can deal with, the face is not so bad cause I can cover with make up, but my hands and feet are a bit of a sorry state.....
 
 
 
You know what, in a few days it will fade and it will be fine, at least she got the practice and I got a good giggle. But I think I will be steering clear of Tantastic and sticking to my San Tropez when I do go and have a tan in the future. Till then I will embrace my lily whites!!
 
 
Have you had any Tantastrophees???
 
Mrs M xxxx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

My Snapchat - itsemchannel

My Snapchat - itsemchannel

My Instagram

My Achievements

My Achievements