The 30 Day Blog Challenge - Day 1

Thursday, July 04, 2013




                                                                So today's challenge is:
 Your life in 250 words or less....
 
I may go over the 250 words but here goes...

 


I was born in Coventry nearly 32 years ago now. 

My parents owned a fish and chip shop business but when I was eight my brother was born and my parents decided to start a fresh somewhere new. My dad got a job as a newsagent relief manager and we travelled around the country every couple of years to different shops, which meant I moved schools quite a lot, but it was OK because it made me more confident in meeting new friends every time.
 




We moved back to Coventry when I was 14 and my dad opened his own newsagent business  and I studied hard to get my GCSE’s and then went onto college to study media as I had hopes of becoming a music journalist.
I helped out  in dads shop and  I also worked in Boots to make some extra pocket money but then I got a freelance job with the local paper which lead to me working with the boyband 5ive at their  managements offices which was an amazing opportunity for a 17 year old.





Sadly when I was 18 my dad passed away and so I made the decision to abandon my career and help support my family instead and help pay the bills.

We moved to a sleepy little town called Gillingham in Dorset to live with my grandparents while we found a house of our own to settle down in. I also started working at the local nightclub to make new friends which I did. I also met Chris who worked there too, we became friends and then it turned into something more. 12 years on together we have been happily married for 6 years. Sadly we have no children yet as we have struggled with fertility issues and had failed treatments but this has only made us stronger and I dream of becoming a family one day. 
Until then I am happy living in our little 3 bed house with our gorgeous westie dog Harvey, and instead of the music journalism aspiration, I have filed this void with blogging and I love it.


Hmmm a bit over 250 words, sorry..... but there we have it a little summery of my life so far....

I hope you have enjoyed reading.

Check out the other girls first challenge:
 
Beth From Tinkerbell and The Lost Girls
Nikki  from nattynikki
Felicity Hart From Felicity Hart
Karen From Too Dull to Blog
Laura From Laura on Life
Lisa From Looking for Lisa
Mary From Sally Cherrytree
Natalie From A Wheelbarrow Full of Style
Steph From Seeing Spots
Toni From The Only Way is Toni
Verena From A Plus Size Fashion Obessesion
Vicky From The Curved Opinion
Kaye from polishedcurves
Mhairi from lilybobombslovelylumps

See you all tomorrow for Challenge Number 2

Love 
Mrs M xxxx

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. I love these sort of posts. What a great job working with 5!
    It takes a strong person to give up their dream to help others and move their life elsewhere, it was obviously the right choice though because you met your husband. You made a beautiful bride!
    Sarah xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a great challenge, plenty more to come from us all too :)
      Thank you honey, def made the right choice in life.
      Aww thanks xxx

      Delete
  2. lovely post, I love your wedding photo its really lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  3. working with Five would have been a dream for me! Lucky girl. Your wedding photo looks lovely. xx

    ReplyDelete

My Snapchat - itsemchannel

My Snapchat - itsemchannel

My Instagram

My Achievements

My Achievements