OMCZ #9 - Releasing my inner Molly Ringwald

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Hey Everyone,
This weeks challenge was set by the lovely Leah from http://www.justmeleah.blogspot.co.uk
She thought it would be fun to try something fun and new and the challenge is:
'Inspired By A Movie/Cartoon/TV character'
I think this challenge is a really creative one and I had so many characters milling around my head that I wanted to be, Sandy from Grease, Baby from Dirty Dancing, Ali from The Notebook, someone from Friends. But then I had a epiphany....one of my favourite films is Pretty in Pink and I always loved Molly Ringwalds style (not to mention Andrew McCarthy is pretty hot in it - still have a soft spot for him now) and being a lover of floral and pastels it was just perfect.


                                Here is my interpretation of Molly Ringwald in Pretty in Pink, minus the Bowler.

Outfit:
Floral Trousers - Simply Be
Pink Blouse - Simply Be
Black Blazer - New Look
Pink Pumps - Tesco
Pearls - My Nan's


Watching this film always takes me back to my youth, I absolutely love 80's film, anything cheesy,  Breakfast Club, Teen Wolf, Mannequin, Dirty Dancing you name it... I remember being about 12 and everyone was starting to wear acid tops and bomber jackets and I was still in my floral leggings, baggy jumpers and white socks - they were happy times, times with no worry.
(of course I did eventually succumbed to the acid top, high tops trainers and Naf Naf jackets - or Nif Naf if you got a cheap copy off the market - lol)  but for me this style brings back happy times and I have loved recreating it in my own way with what I have in my wardrobe - its surprising how subconsciously I have still bought things that mimic that time in my life. I guess that's where my love of floral stems from???
All I can say is this challenge has certainly made me smile.

Why don't you check out how the other girls took on their challenges?
Click on their links below

Carlyn: http://www.smokingpeaches.com/

You Might Also Like

15 comments

  1. Pretty in pink you are indeed! Looking good :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leah, thanks for picking a fab challenge for us xx

      Delete
  2. Oh I love that movie! I think you did a great job in creating a look for her character! :)I think the peals give the perfect touch! :)

    Nina
    http://curvymod.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its so good isn't it..... Ah thank you Nina xx

      Delete
  3. I bloody love Molly, John Hughes films are amongst my favourites fab look and those trousers are fab x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't beat a bit of 80's cheese. Thanks Steph x

      Delete
  4. So girly hun!! Really think this look suits you quiet well!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty look. This film is on my list of ones to watch! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Honey, its a fab film... its up there on a pedestal with mannequin for me :) xx

      Delete
  6. You look amazing! Love your outfit posts, they brighten up my dash a treat.

    Charlotte - blotandreapply.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh thanks Charlotte that's so kind of you to say. I love writing them for you all to enjoy xx

      Delete
  7. Omg!!! Super cute! I love the leggings :)
    Merrybellyland777.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

My Snapchat - itsemchannel

My Snapchat - itsemchannel

My Instagram

My Achievements

My Achievements