Outside My Comfort Zone # 2

Wednesday, March 13, 2013




Hey Everyone,

For those of you unaware of 'Outside My Comfort Zone' it is a fashion challenge which is all about coming out of our comfort zones and trying out new styles, colours and ideas that ordinarily we would shy away from.

It was set up by the lovely Rachel from Happyness Magnet and after seeing all the other gorgeous ladies taking part last month I am delighted to join and take part in future challenges along with 9 other ladies. 

This months challenge was:
'Yellow Skirt'



They call me Mellow Yellllloooooow..... That's what song pops into my head when I think of the colour Yellow, (some of you may be too young for that, lol)  well seeing as spring is nearly upon us, baby lambs are being born, the daffodils are blooming and its nearly Easter I think Yellow is a very fitting colour to try out but I can't say I have ever been a fan of yellow. 

I have bought pieces over the years and always have every intention of wearing them, but this sadly never happens and I usually end up sending these things to charity shops or car booting them. 
Cause of this I have no yellow whatsoever in my wardrobe,  where was I going to find a yellow skirt....arrrrgh...??
  Sister In Law to the rescue, she had a yellow summer dress that I could use for this post. I have customised it in my own way, added a vest top over it and worn it as a skirt, pop on a blazer and I have to say I actually really like the colour. I always thought it looked horrible on me, but its just goes to show if you try something new it may surprise you.


Yellow Dress: Sister in Laws
Vest Top: New Look
Blazer: Next
Tights: Tesco
Boots: Asda







Bow Earrings: Primark


Yellow Nail Varnish: Poundland






I have loved taking part in this challenge and cant wait for the next one.

To check out the other ladies 'yellow' outfits taking part in the challenge please click on their names below and it will take you to their fantastic blogs 



Lots of Love

Em xxxx



You Might Also Like

14 comments

  1. Looking lovely! I love that jacket, your nails and make up. x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That you hun, I do love my jacket it just makes a casual outfit look a lil bit different :) xx

      Delete
  2. That SKIRT! Seriously, have been searching for a skirt like that for ages! Maybe not in yellow, but I am now in love with the thought of yellow! It is so dainty with a little fluff, I love it on you! Love the bow earrings :) You are so beautiful! Love the nails too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh Rachel you are so lovely thank you....mwah xx.... I must admit I am now wanting to experiment more with Yellow so Thank You so much for this challenge it was so much fun... xxx

      Delete
  3. Love the dainty skirt and patterned jacket combo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Crystal, I really enjoyed this challenge, can't wait for the next one :) xx

      Delete
  4. Very nice look. I like how you made the dress look like a skirt. Love the dots and yellow polish too. The "mellow yellow" song always comes into my mind too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Lovely :) I really enjoyed being challenged and look forward to more future challenges. I hope you will continue reading them and everyone's :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute outfit, I love the way you've worn a dress and a top to make it looks like a skirt. The jacket is amazing is it a recent purchase?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Stef, so sorry for the delay, I got the jacket from Next last season.. they may do similar ones this season xx

      Delete
  7. Such a good idea to turn the dress into a skirt, the whole outfit looks great on you and I *love* your blazer! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks honey.... I love it too, looks fab with jeans too xx

      Delete

My Snapchat - itsemchannel

My Snapchat - itsemchannel

My Instagram

My Achievements

My Achievements