Five Min Friday Follow ...with Giles Paley-Phillips

Friday, March 29, 2013

Hi Guys,

Sorry I missed last weeks Five Min Friday Follow, we were looking after our Goddaughter and I forgot to schedule yadda yadda..... on the subject of kiddie winks..... this weeks Five Min Friday Follow is with... Children's author....Giles Paley-Phillips

Find out below why Giles began writing and what inspires him.



1) When and why did you begin writing children's books?

I played in bands for many years, touring and writing music, then when I heard my wife was pregnant I decided I really wanted to write something for our baby.

2) What is your inspiration?

The thing that really inspired me the most when I started writing was a book I found in a charity shop called 'The Light in the Attic' by Shel Silverstein, it blew me away and I wrote my first manuscript straight after reading it. Now inspiration comes form all sorts of places, but I do often write stories I think me children will like.


3) Describe your books in 5 words?

Dark, funny, controversial, colourful, succinct 

                                        4) Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

Hopefully still writing books that children enjoy.



                                5) What are you favourite things to write about?

Monsters!!! oh and dinosaurs!

Any last words?

I have a new book out in August called 'Things you never knew about Dinosaurs' here's a sneaky peak at the cover!



You can follow Giles on Twitter @tenderbranson10

Thanks for reading guys, if your looking for a good children's book be sure to purchase one of Giles'

Love

Mrs M xxxx


You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I always have wanted to write a childrens book who knows maybe I will do it someday :) I love your blog btw!!
    Ixx
    Limes&Smiles

    ReplyDelete

My Snapchat - itsemchannel

My Snapchat - itsemchannel

My Instagram

My Achievements

My Achievements