Being Plus Size....

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Hey Everyone

This post is going to be a sort of personal one.... any kind of post that involves weight, size and generally how you feel about yourself is going to be personal.... but.... I also want to make it light hearted....

I'm not going to beat around the bush... I'm heavier than what my BMI tell me I should be..... I like a biscuit or three, I enjoy going out for meals with my husband and my exercise regime could be better I admit, but thats not to say I don't eat healthy too... ask my work collegues if I gorg on my lunch breaks? nope... I have ryvitas, or soups or salad... my evening meals are quite healthy too... I walk a good two miles a day, to and from work.... The fact is i've always been big, its in my dna, I seem genetically made this way.... I have to really REALLY be strict to loose weight and then it never stays off.... the months before my wedding I actually got down to a size 12.... but I lived off bland chicken, brocolli, ryvitas and cottage cheese and I practically lived in the gym... I was unhappy.

So, how would I describe myself these days.... What do other people perceive me as??

Am I....?



Yep

Yep... you may be able to tell from the name of my blog


Yep 

Yep, esp round the belly and thighs

Oh yes.... curvy as hell

Yes.. yes.. yes.. I love a good cuddle

Hahaha... I doubt it

Beyonce eat your heart out


MOST OF ALL I AM....




 I like to think I dress well and make the best of myself, when I was younger being bigger was a pain, I have to say I was very fortunate in the fact that I never got bullied, I managed to be find friends and fit in really well.... but clothes were a nightmare I used to hate clothes shopping trudging down town to C&A or BHS hoping they would have trendy clothes in my size that didn't make me feel frumpy or feel like I was middle aged.... these days us bigger ladies are blessed that we have more options available to us such as Simply Be, So Fabulous range in Very Catalogue, Inspire at New Look, Evans as well as many more.... high street stores are getting wise to that fact that we are all not a size 6... (well some stores... others will never grasp this and will forever only stock up to a size 14 and think that is MASSIVE... shame on you!!)

Anyways.... what more can I say, we are all born different shapes and sizes and if we were all the same then my god life would be boring.
 I am happy, healthy, I have a wonderful husband, family and friends 
that see me for who I am and not my dress size.
I laugh everyday and enjoy my life even if I do eat too many chocolate hob nobs now and again :-) 

Thanks for reading

Em xxxx







You Might Also Like

19 comments

  1. I love this! And I agree fully, I'm a plus size girl also and it's hard, but I'm happy with my husband! Great blog xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this, great post honey x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much... loved writing it xx

      Delete
  3. Simply be-autiful post! (Saw a Simply Be wishlist post). lol.

    I think it's wonderful that you're comfortable with yourself. I'm plus size at the moment and am trying to lose weight, I'm sure people probably see me as all of those adjectives!, but it's not getting me down.

    I'm not ashamed of being bigger than I should be, although I'm not an advocate of it either, but I'm comfortable with myself at the moment and that's the most important thing.

    You clearly take pride in your appearance, and although you're plus-size; that's what people should be noticing and seeing you as :)

    Naomi xxx

    whatnaomiknows.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here here!!! We are all beautiful!! Thank you for the support xxx

      Delete
  4. Love this blog post. I agree everyone should be happy as they are big or small were all fabulous. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally!! Be happy in he skin you're in xx

      Delete
  5. Now I know why I loved your blog from the start, I knew you were gonna do posts like this! I love the photos, the content EVERYTHING, not enjoyed a pst like this in a while!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww bless you hun, I really enjoyed writing it. Sorry its take me so long to reply to comments... So glad you liked it xx

      Delete
  6. Lovely post, I really enjoyed reading it...so inspiring. Thanks! Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this and you are bloody beautiful and I love your lighthearted approach!

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you sweetheart... coming from a stunner like you aswell!! Glad you enjoyed it xx

      Delete
  8. Ah you silly sausage! No skinny minnie knows how to make a toblerone cheesecake :) love you x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha sooo right, I need to make another one of those soon mmmmmm ... Love you More xx

      Delete
  9. Great post!I love your take on things. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this post :) Everything you say I can relate to! Shopping does frustrate me sometimes, but I love New Look's Inspire range :) I had a rant post on my blog about plus size shopping..... bekasstuffystuff.blogspot.com
    Beka x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a lovely post! Thank you for writing it. I see you like print T-shirts (as do I) so please do have a look at the ASOS Curve range if you haven't already.

    ReplyDelete

My Snapchat - itsemchannel

My Snapchat - itsemchannel

My Instagram

My Achievements

My Achievements